East Side of CSX Tracks: Construction Heavy Equipment Coming Soon
Shangri-La and Teakwood Village West residents (and businesses on or near Rosery Road at Missouri Avenue) can expect subsurface work (trenching, etc.) within the next month as watermain replacement will begin. More heavy equipment work is expected to begin as early as the end of October.
Sidewalks from Clearwater-Largo Road to CSX
Beginning as early as October 18, short segments of sidewalk on the south side will be closed during the day while Nelson Construction extends new sanitary laterals to property lines. The sidewalk will be restored with compacted asphalt millings at the end of every day. Nelson’s crews will help people walking get safely around them during the day when they are working.
11th Ave NW from Clearwater-Largo Road to 7th Ave NW to Reopen Soon, Barring the Unexpected
The most significant work is drawing to a close on 11th Avenue NW from Clearwater-Largo Road (CLR) to 7th Ave NW. As Nelson’s pipe crews close up stormwater pipe work, the road will be rebuilt up to the base (only). The road will be driveable but will not have asphalt on it for some time. This work is expected to be completed in early November. In the meantime, drivers may continue to use the detour route as shown.
What is Nelson Doing Now and What Comes Next?
Nelson has completed installation of the sanitary main and manholes. They will be extending new sanitary laterals to property lines for the next month (approximately), then connect the new sanitary system to residences and businesses and remove the old system.
Nelson will begin new potable (drinking) watermain installation on both sides of CLR, from the Pinellas Trail to the CSX tracks beginning mid to late October.
City team members sought community feedback on design for the Rosery Road Phase One improvements including a June 2018 survey, November 2018 Open House, as well as email and other direct correspondence. They then worked diligently with the design engineer to implement as much of that feedback as possible with features such as:
- Drainage improvements: Adding curbs and curb inlets to move stormwater to new underground storm drain pipes. Currently there is no storm drainage system west of the CSX crossing except for overland flow.
- Sanitary main replacement: The sanitary main west of the CSX crossing is at the end of its service life and is scheduled for replacement with a PVC main. Sanitary manholes will be replaced at the same time.
- Potable water main replacement: Pinellas County has elected to replace its potable water main throughout the project limits.
- Road reconstruction: The road will be reconstructed in the same location, at the same elevation, with the same cross section, and the same width as it is currently. Curbing will be added throughout the project limits and on-street parking (approximately 15 spaces) will be added to the south side of Rosery Road from the Pinellas Trail to 9th St NW.
- Landscaping: Crape-myrtle and cabbage palms will be planted in select locations, principally the south side of Rosery Road from the Pinellas Trail to Clearwater-Largo Road, the south side from 6th St NW to the CSX crossing, and both sides from the CSX crossing to 2nd St NW.
- Sidewalk and crossing improvements: Existing 4 ft wide sidewalk on the north side will be replaced with a 5 ft wide sidewalk. Curb ramps will be made current with ADA standards. Crosswalks will be striped for safety and visibility.
- Mid-block crossing: A raised median with a refuge for people crossing Rosery Road will be created between 2nd Street NW (Shangri-La/Teakwood Village West entrance) and the Aldi/WaWa entrances.
- Creation of a multi-use path: A 10 foot wide concrete path will be created on the south side of Rosery Road throughout the project limits, reduced to 8 foot width in select locations where there are right-of-way constraints. The multi-use path will have a new connection to the Pinellas Trail.
For more information, please contact Nancy Biesinger, Project Manager, at 727-587-6713 x4412 or firstname.lastname@example.org.