Christmas Tree Recycling Programs Available to Pinellas Residents
Residents are encouraged to recycle their Christmas trees, which can be processed into mulch. To prepare trees for recycling, residents must remove all decorations, including hooks, garland, tinsel and lights. Do not place the trees in a bag or trash can, but rather leave them loose for pickup.
The following cities offer Christmas tree recycling:
• Clearwater: Curbside collection with yard waste on regular day. Call 727-562-4920.
• Dunedin: Curbside collection with yard waste on regular day through Friday, Jan. 11. Residents without curbside collection may opt to plan a pickup day with their association or property manager. Call 727-298-3215.
• Gulfport: Place tree at curb or alley for regularly scheduled Wednesday yard waste pickup. For multifamily units, place tree near the dumpster without blocking access. Mulch from recycled trees will be made available to residents at the Gulfport Neighborhood Center, 1617 49th St. S. Call 727-893-1089.
• Indian Rocks Beach: Curbside collection with yard waste on Wednesdays. Call 727- 595-6889.
• Largo: Curbside collection with yard waste on regular day. Call 727-587-6760 or visit www.largorecycles.com.
• Madeira Beach: Curbside collection with yard waste on Wednesdays. Call 727-543-8154.
• Oldsmar: Drop off at the lot directly east of City Hall, 100 State St. W., which is available seven days a week, dawn until dusk, through Saturday, Jan. 12. Call 813-749-1135.
• Pinellas Park: Drop off at the city’s brush site, 12950 40th St. N., Mondays to Saturdays, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or place curbside to be collected with regular garbage. Call 727-369-0690.
• Treasure Island: Curbside collection with yard waste on Wednesdays. Call 727-547-4575, ext. 250.
Residents of cities that do not offer tree recycling or residents living in unincorporated areas can recycle a tree by dropping it off at Pinellas County Solid Waste at 3095 114th Ave. N. in St. Petersburg. The cost is $3 per load for a maximum of five trees.
For more information, visit www.pinellascounty.org/solidwaste or call 727-464-7500.